Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Once Again Late to the Party

All of those out there who have been telling me House is a fantastic show were right. I watched it for the first time tonight. I don't even like the "hospital show" genre and thought this show was terrific. Original, funny, unpredictable, interesting characters. I'll be doing the "Season Pass" thing on Tivo for this one.

Funny thing is that I most know Hugh Laurie - who plays Dr. House on the show - from his days on Black Adder. That dude has acting range to go from the zany upper-class twits he played on that show to this character.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nihilist in Golf Pants said...

Laurie is at his best in the final episode of Black Adder II. He's great as the prince regent in Blackadder III, but "shorty greasy spots bottom" is his greatest role ever.

Although I find House to be entertaining, my lovely wife is correct in suggesting that every episode is essentially the same. They misdiagnose the patient a couple of times before finding the real diagnosis just before he/she dies.

Also, it's on against Scrubs, which is one of the few good comedies on TV today.

11:19 PM  
Blogger R-Five said...

Lenny Briscoe (Jerry Orbach) can wise-crack for a decade on Law & Order and I never tire; House bored me after half an hour. The writing is too one-dimensional, and by extension, predictable.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home