Monday, March 07, 2005

Interview Reflections

Interesting to observe how the Jeff Johnson interview has been received. I didn't really know what to expect.

A few observations.

First, it is a long way from the elections of 2006, and it appears there isn't a whole lot of pressing interest in this particular race yet. That's ok. That will change in time, and the same interview can be brought forward later on.

Second, I got some really nice feedback from some bloggers I truly respect. Short of the accolades of millions, having nice words from people you admire comes second (Okay, maybe first, but I need to experience the accolades of millions at least once to know for sure). They found specific things to take issue with, and constructive criticism is always appreaciated, but the overall positive tone made the effort feel worth the trouble.

As to my own feelings? Mixed. I made the mistake of becoming enthused about the candidate after meeting him. So I wanted everyone to take such an interest. But why should they? The election of the Minnesota AG in 2006 is hardly a pressing issue for most people. Even politically active center-right Republican people.

Baby steps. I'm learning how to do this politcal interview thing. And I'm still learning how to market it in the blogosphere. The next such interview will be different, and hopefully better as a result.

1 Comments:

Blogger Muzzy said...

No need to be coy, Roy. Or should I call you 'Doug?' It was a jolly fine interview. I was a little disappointed with one of his responses, though. The very best answer to your Favorite Blogs? question would have been, of course: Powerline, Bogus Gold and Blogizdat, though not necessarily in that order. Heh.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home