Saturday, February 12, 2005

What If? Hits the Bigtime

Congrats to Peg Kaplan at What If? for getting an Instalanche.

I read her almost every day, yet I admit I didn't notice this piece until Insty pointed me to it. That's just wrong .

Yet... let's keep this a being-happy-for-Peg thread. Because the subject matter of her post threatens to become a seriously ugly screed. Anyone care to give odds on the liklihood I'll succeed in holding it in regardless?

But thanks and congrats to Peg all the same.

3 Comments:

Blogger ricardo said...

I have yet to receive an Instalaunch...

I'm not complaining though :-)

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Peg K said...

Doug - the hardest part for me about originally reading this screed wasn't that it existed. We all know that there are sick minds like that on the left - and frankly, the right has their version, too.

But what disturbed me was how a well-educated, thoughtful and essentially nice individual could begin to accept this screed - and believe that it is rooted in fact.

Now that really is scary....

7:57 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

I know what you mean Peg. Because I have experienced it personally. And that's why the angry screed beckons. But I'm trying to think of a way to channel it into something a bit more positive.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home