Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Sympathy for Plastic Heroes

I'm going to watch American Idol and eat tasty homemade Mexican food in a moment. But before I do, may I just mention that I am dismayed at the lack of sympathy for that G. I. Joe the nutjob jihadists are about to behead. That doll probably belongs to an 8 or 9 year old boy. Think about his feelings when his headless doll is returned.

Actually, now that I think about it, when I was 8 or 9 I had a couple of headless G. I. Joes as well. You could pop the heads off and back on pretty easily. Without a head, they're suitable to play the role of the noble fallen soldier. But we all know that an 8 or 9 year old boy is far more likely to go for the kick-ass headless ghost G. I.

Have at him, jihadi scum! You can't win. If you strike him down he will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home