Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The New Dayton v Kennedy

Gary at Dayton v Kennedy breaks an interesting story tonight, about a superstar local blogger joining his staff:

Welcome to the New! and Improved! Dayton v. Kennedy.

What makes it better? Doug, proprietor of local omni-blog Bogus Gold has graciously agreed to join the DvK team. I have only known Doug for 3 months but have had the good fortune of clinking a glass with him at Keegan's a time or twelve. I owe him for introducing me to this sweet nectar. He's a magnificent blogger having been linked by Orion himself a few times in recent months. In fact, DvK is doubling its editors but quadrupling (at least) its candlepower -- Doug is one of the brighter guys I know.
Aww, shucks. I'm blushing. Thanks for the over-the-top flattery Gary. You're not such a bad guy yourself.

So anyway what this means to this blog: very little. I'll continue doing most of my posting here. And when I post a Daytony-Kennedish thing over there, I intend to ping it from here like I did this morning.

But I do want to thank Gary for including me in his blog. As the 2006 Minnesota Senate race heats up, I expect lots of great blogging opportunities surrounding DvK's specialty.

UPDATE: That didn't take long. I already have another post over there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Muzzy said...

Hey, congratulations, sir. With both you and Drew (DarnFloor) joining Group Blogs, I hope that doesn't mean either of you will post less to your own. I must say, I think you (and Drew) do great work, and I can only wish I had your skill and ability. Again, congrats.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

Thanks Muzzy. Posting slowdown here certainly isn't my intent.

Experience with the Bush campaign 2004 tells me I couldn't be satisfied blogging only about politics anyway. So there will continue to be something here, because I need the outlet.

3:55 PM  
Blogger R-Five said...

I am long overdue adding DvK to my blogroll. The name bothers me a little, since neither Dayton nor Kennedy is a sure thing yet. But I loved that "Dayton to Younger Workers: Drop Dead" title.

Congrats Doug, Hugh might have to promote you guys to NA status for the 2006 election.

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home