Friday, February 18, 2005

The MOB Finds a Godfather

The following is my attempt at a funny yet touching piece about the Minnesota Organization of Blogs. Read it to discover why I need to work on both "funny," and "touching."

The iron glove has been seized, and the Minnesota Organization of Blogs has now become somewhat official.

D*mn, I'll miss the old days. But points in favor of some standards are not without merit. Namely:

Brian (a.k.a. Fraters Libertas contributor Saint Paul) says he invented it in the first place, so it's his, BWA-HAH-HAHHHHH!!!

And the Northern Alliance of Blogs, and most especially the Fraters Libertas, who without question played the central role in bringing it about, are finding the current list too unwieldy.

And I'm afraid the latter does have some merit.

It's more than simply linking or blogrolling. Every Thursday night at Keegan's (not mentioning all the NARN or Hewitt events) the Fraters are there, welcoming and encouraging fellow bloggers. And they're not kidding. After the very first time I met him, Frater Saint Paul remembered my name and took the time to speak to me every time I walked into Keegan's or anywhere else afterward. I've observed him do the same with a staggering number of others. He's not the only one (but, no offense other Fraters, he's the best at this).

This has truly been the core of the terrific blogger vibe in (at least the Twin Cities right-wing) our local blogosphere. Did they invent it? Let's not get deeply into philosophy here. For all intents and purposes yes they did. And continue to do so.

Am I thrilled we've outgrown the chaotic stage of the MOB? Not really. But if I had to pick a place the "official" list should be held, I couldn't choose better than where it now resides.

Thanks guys. Seriously. (And I mean it this time).

1 Comments:

Blogger Kerry said...

Careful Doug. "After the very first time I met him, Frater Saint Paul remembered my name and took the time to speak to me every time I walked into Keegan's or anywhere else afterward." Remember what the Don Vito said, "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer". Has be bought you ales yet?

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home