Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Blogroll Culling

The first round is over, and already reflected in the blogroll.

I went through every entry in my blogroll and asked myself two questions.

1. Do I like and read this blog on a regular basis?

2. Has this blog given any reciprocal attention to MY blog?

Number one is the tie breaker. But woe be those who failed test one and two.

Varifrank was borderline and I LOVE his blog. And I'm not foolin'. I don't give a crap if his traffic is ten times mine.. or a hundred times mine. Do I read him or not? In this case yes. But since number two is likely to remain a no in this case, he'd better keep being freakin' awesome. Because he has unfortunately left himself no insurance with my new rules.

This blogroll redesign has stuff in flux, and this is not remotely the end.

Let me clear up some confusion...

If you're a Minnesota blog who posts at least a couple of times a week, and are currently on my blogroll, you're safe.

If you post less, sorry. Unless you always rock. On MY scale, not yours.

And if you don't care whether I blogroll you or not why are you reading this?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Frank Martin said...

On behalf of myself and the rest of the band, I hope we passed the audition. I'll update my blogroll and include yours, just as soon as I figure out how to do it.

and many many thanks for the kind comments.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Heh. The blogosphere continues to surprise. You try to use some guy you're pretty sure has no idea you exist as a high standard to grab the attention of some others and suddenly he shows up in your comments section.

Hi Frank.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Muzzy said...

Let's see: Minnesota blog (check), posts a coupla times a week (check), on blogroll (check). I guess I'm safe. For now.

(Actually, I'm not certain, but I don't think I've let a day go by without at least one post since I started this little blog o' happiness... I'm just a wee bit anal that way, 'twould appear.)

I'm just hoping to make your Biggies I Like list someday. But no matter how much I wave my arms up and down - and boy are they tired - I'm still just a Flappy Bird. But not that, ahem, I pay attention to such things. Heh.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Swiftee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Swiftee said...

Speaking of blogrolls and culling Doug, the MOBroll needs a careful second look.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Army of Mom said...

*batting my eyes with the Puss in Boots face*

Am I safe?

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home