Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Blog Renovation Stuff

Okay, I realize there is now an official Minnesota Organization of Blogs list. And I realize I have yet to implement it. I've been busy.

But thinking about it brings a quandry in a couple of areas:

1. I use my blogroll as my reading list. And, no offense to any fellow MOBsters, some of the blogs on that list aren't regular reads of mine. Maybe they will be soon. But I don't like to pretend. So I'm going to need a little more subdivision of the side-bar to accomodate this change.

2. I've been avoiding implementing a "Top blogs" section of my blogroll, because I know dividing that way it is bound to piss off some who didn't make it. Human nature, blogger competitiveness, whatever.

I'm going to be thinking about ways to get around these problems in the near future. Any Solomon-like advice on the matter is welcome.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nicko McDave said...

I am still tickled pink that you blogrolled me almost as soon as I got started. You can put me under "And the rest" like the Professor and Mary Ann. Better to be shipwrecked than drowned at sea!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I find myself in a similar quandry. We already use blog roller for the ourhouse blogroll. Also, the MOB blogroll is HUGE. We have enough loading time as it is. Maybe we can convince the powers that be to keep the MOB blogroll as an html file somewhere so that we could all make links to it from a button (the logo would make a cool one.)

8:08 PM  
Blogger R-Five said...

I've decided to pass on the master list concept, as it's just too large. My blogroll is divided into sections, with Old Time Radio titles. The "Great Gildersleeves" are my primary MOB reads, and I am trying to add one or two a month. I also want to add a lefty blog or two, both national and local.

I always read Bogus Gold, incidentally!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Steve G. said...

I use blogrolling.com also, but I'm not worried about the size of the blogroll (I'm a packrat in everything, including links). I just prefer to keep my non-definitive list as a protest against the idea that the MOB is something that needs central organization.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Chad The Elder said...

I'll look into making the MOB blogroll a little easier to display.

5:12 PM  
Blogger PolicyGuy said...

I started adding MOB sites by hand to my blog roll, and was selective in doing so. No use in coding 50 or 100 or whatever it is by hand.

Then I noticed that there is some automated thing (java script?) and plugged that into my blog roll. Now I've got the same huge MOB list as everyone else.

But the original hand-selected list lives on. That's probably the one I'll use more often. It's literally, and figuratively, the short list of MOB blogs.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home