Friday, February 04, 2005

Blog Ranking Weirdness

Just came from Keegan's tonight, where Margaret Martin of Our House shattered my comfy presumption that my high TTLB ranking (I'm currently - and have been for quite some time - a "Large Mammal," which seems overstated by rather a lot in my opinion) is easily explained.

I have always attributed my unusually high ranking to the Blogs for Bush blogroll, posted on my sidebar. Problem is ... Margaret tells me her blog is also on the Blogs for Bush blogroll. Plus, she gets 2 to 3 times the traffic I see according to Sitemeter. Yet I vastly outrank her blog. Why?!

Heck, I'd like an answer too. I would love to be that popular, but I seriously doubt I am. So what's artificially boosting my ranking? I'd prefer a real one to a fake high, if anyone knows how to distinguish.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kurt (aka Noodles) said...

I think TLB places quite a bit of weight on how many inbound links your blog has. I notice BG has way more unique inbound links than either PRM or Our House. David and Margaret get more traffic than I do was well yet I show a slightly higher ranking (Flappy Bird) because I have few more inbounds. Traffic must be figured into the equation but near as I can tell it must be weighted less than linkage.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home