Monday, February 07, 2005

Another Pundit to Watch

Say, have the rest of you checked out Powerpundit?

It's a fairly new site to my blogroll. The blogger (Rick Edwards) sent me an e-mail one day asking if I wanted to exchange links. Sure, said I. But as many of you know, I only put a blog on my blogroll if I intend to read it. My blogroll is also my main blog reading list.

So why did I quickly link Powerpundit? I checked out his site when I got the e-mail, and got a very good vibe right away. A nice blend of a blog "aggregator" (guy who points you to stories), and commentary. And he updates multiple times per day, which is always a plus for a manic blog-surfer like me.

Tonight, he pointed me to three news stories I was interested in before I saw them elsewhere (I'm not saying he's always first. But when you don't have time to keep up with every story yourself, a reliable blog aggregator like Powerpundit is what you want).

Anyway, this post is because a few days ago at Stones Cry Out, Rick Brady mentioned that Powerpundit was great for getting a roundup of the Eason Jordan story, because, knowing little about the story going in, Powerpundit got him quickly up to speed.

I wrote to Rick in his comments section to point him toward Captain's Quarters as well (my personal nominee for best blog covering this story until Michelle Malkin blew everyone away today). Now I don't feel bad about pointing someone to Ed's excellent reporting on that story. But you'll find references to Ed at all the biggies - Instapundit, Powerline, Hugh Hewitt, LaShawn Barber, etc. So it would be almost be difficult not to learn about Ed's work.

But how many people know about Powerpundit? Not enough I'd wager. So mea-culpa to Rick Edwards for turning attention away from Rick Brady's plug. Powerpundit is a very good current-events poli-blog. Check it out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

Doug,

I follow the same rule as you. IMO, a blogroll that doesn't reflect the blogger's own reading list is not particularly useful. After reading your blog regularly for a few weeks, I have added it to my blogroll.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Thanks to you Todd. As you know, I linked your site when I found it via Joe Gandelman a short time ago. It's a refreshingly independent minded blog. I hate to live in an echo-chamber, and need good bloggers on my blogroll who may not align with my personal political preconceptions all the time. I admire your blog very much, and your link means a lot.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home