Friday, January 14, 2005

Tasting Review

Though still under the weather from my head cold, I couldn’t allow those who come here for my epicurean musings to remain unsatisfied. While wine is the beverage I normally review, it would probably be poor judgment to combine that with cold medicine. What to do with this apparent impasse? As the saying goes; when in Rome, make lemonade. (Or something. I have a cold. Cut me some slack.)

And so, without further adieu...

A tasting review of Alka-Seltzer Plus, Cold & Sinus Medicine.

I have chosen the “New Improved Formula,” Non-Drowsy vintage.

The packaging is a nice bright red color, perhaps suggestive of a Pinot Noir. But this is misleading. Once in the glass, the color is quite clear. More like a very pale Sauvignon Blanc, only paler still. This is also a sparkling beverage, with cheery bubbles suggestive of a Blanc de Blanc.

The nose is surprisingly subdued, perhaps related to the fact that I can’t seem to get air into my nostrils at the moment.

On the palate, the flavors are suggestive of cherry soda and bubblegum. The flavor lingers nicely, providing a pleasing contrast to hacked up loogies.

Overall I would give this high marks. It far surpasses Nyquil in body and flavor, and can be had at a similar price-point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home