Monday, January 17, 2005

New Blogging Rule

Being a self-proclaimed arbiter of the terms of political debate in the blogosphere, I hereby introduce a new rule:

No one is allowed to state: "I find it hysterical," or "I find it hillarious," unless there is some actual hillarity to be had in the statement that follows. Mere irony is not sufficient. Peals of laughter had better ensue in the vast majority of cases when people read about what you found hysterical or hillarious, or else you are penalized five points.

Example:

Proper use: I find it hillarious when Iowahawk parodies the Washington Post story from this past weekend about Blue Staters exploring Red State America.

Improper use: I find it hysterical when wingnuts on the right claim to care about minorities but oppose affirmative action.

If the distinction is lost on you, it's best just to avoid using the phrase altogether.

1 Comments:

Blogger Muzzy said...

And can we ban 'literally,' unless the poster literally means 'literally?' 'I ate so much I could literally explode,' or 'I'm literally on fire here,' are rarely correct usages of the term. Heh.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home