Tuesday, January 11, 2005

More Search Engine Follies

As many of us know, search engines have a hard time with blogs. But today I discovered a new source of incoming traffic from the beta version of the new MSN Search engine.

The request was: most concise photographs of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Let's leave aside what the heck a "concise photograph" may be. The number one returned site? Bogus Gold.

Apparently it picked up the "Martin," from a mention of Dean Martin. The "Jr." from a mention of Sammy Davis Jr. It found a mention of "most concise" in a post about Rathergate. It got a "Martin Luther," from a mention of John Calvin - kidding! - it was a mention of Martin Luther.

Anyway, long story short, welcome Martin Luther King Jr. photograph afficianados!

2 Comments:

Blogger Army of Mom said...

My favorite was the guy who wandered to my site after doing a search for gay, Micheal Phelps, swimsuit.

Yikes.

You have MLK photo fans, I have gay perverts.

Priceless. Appropriate for me, too. :)

3:26 PM  
Blogger LearnedFoot said...

I got a hit today from this google search:

shirtless fernando torres

I don't even know who that is.

LF

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home