Saturday, January 22, 2005

The MOBsters Ball Report

Well that was fun.

I did indeed make it down to the MOBsters Ball tonight at Keegan's, with Mama Ellen in tow. Attendance was excellent. I got to meet many, many bloggers I had yet to have the opportunity to meet.

Could I be so gaudy as to list them all? Hmm... yeah. Probably.

For the record, James Lileks was in attendance. And despite thinking up about half a dozen cute intro lines and related gambits involving asking him to have his picture taken with me, I ended up allowing him to enjoy his drink and conversation without my intrusion. The enjoyment he gives me via the Bleat ought to be worth at least that much.

Got to meet King Banian from SCSU Scholars for the first time. Provided he remembers me, he even agreed to do an interview some time. Should be fun.

I got to meet (i.e. say hello and shake the hand of) Scott Johnson, from Powerline. Thanks to Saint Paul for the intro.

Captain Ed was also in attendance, and I got in a brief greeting.

All of the Fraters Libertas were there as well. Chad the Elder, Saint Paul, and Atomizer I'm accustomed to seeing at Thursday night trivia. But it was the first time I've met J. B. Doubtless; and might I say he's a fine fellow. He blogs too darn infrequently, but otherwise stands shoulder to shoulder with the finest.

Lets see.... other BIG names in attendance included Eloise and Warrior Monk, from Spitbull (nice to meet you both); and of course Muzzy, from Blogizdat, who (sort of) live-blogged.

I got to finally meet Swiftee, from Pair O' Dice, Mary, from Itsnoonsomewhere, DC, from Brainstorming, Derek, from Freedom Dogs, Cathy in the Wright, Rex "R-Five", from Speed Gibson, Douglas, from Belief Seeking Understanding, Kathy, from Cake Eater Chronicles, Ryan, from Rambling Rhodes, Peg, from what if?, Learned Foot (not sure I ever learned his real name) from The Koolaid Report, and others I'm sure I'm pissing off by forgetting to mention.

Obviously, there were plenty of others I already have the pleasure of knowing in attendance as well. David and Margaret, from Our House, Jo and Mark, from Jo's Attic, Craig "Captain Fishsticks" Westover, Gary, from DaytonVKennedy, John, from The First Ring, Noodles, from People's Republic of Minnesota, John, from Policyguy, Scott, from Pinkmonkeybird, Flash, from Centrisity, Paul and Jim, from Nihilist in Golf Pants.

I also met the Solablogola guy, and the Around the World in 80 Days guy, but for the life of me, their real names aren't coming to me. Apologies guys! I remember what you look like, so hit me up for a free beer for forgetting your name next time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug - GREAT to meet you & Mama last night! Enjoyed :)

Peg K

6:24 PM  
Blogger pinkmonkeybird said...

Doug.
I just want to let you know that I was only teasing you. Your picture up in the upper right hand corner of your blog does not make you look like a psycho who is about to axe murder us over a glass of wine. Futhermore, I would never say anything so cruel in seriousness. You seem to be a very nice man who would never intentionally cleve me skull open while you savor a rosy merlot.
I hope you took my jest in good humor and will not sever my jugular vein.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Muzzy said...

Sorry I didn't get this written yesterday, but I just wanted to say that it was good to meet you Saturday night. Thanks for coming over and introducing yourself. Standing a foot taller than many, it's often hard for me to 'stand around' chatting in such a loud environment. It's hard enough to hear, as it is, and the East Enders were so jam-packed into the aisle that I just ended up staying with my homies at the other end. Maybe next time I'll have tee-shirt made up that reads 'MOB' across the front, to identify me as a clueless newbie - as if carrying a laptop didn't do that already - and just plow right into the fray. Heh.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home