Sunday, January 16, 2005

Livin' It Up

What a hedonistic weekend I've had. Drugs (Tylonol, Nyquil, Alka-Seltzer Cold & Sinus, Ibuprofin), babes (a two year old trying to toilet train, and a constipated 9 month old), late, late hours (also known as insomnia); I've been a regular Hunter S. Thompson.

So for any of you whom I was in the middle of doing something for, I'm behind. John Lennon had his lost weekend. And now I have mine.

I did get to see the new Battlestar Galactica series on the Sci-Fi network. That's an activity that goes nicely with lying immobile on the couch. Veeeeery good. Gritty. Well-written. Artistically and cinematically it is really great sci-fi. How will it hold up against less fantastical genres? Like I care. If you dig sci-fi, this is a must see. If you don't, watch a dog show or something.

Oh, and the Vikings lost. Anyone terribly shocked?


3 Comments:

Blogger Muzzy said...

Was it Chicago that sang about the Vikings: "Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?" Heh.

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Douglas from Belief Seeking Understanding. It was a curious phenomenon that people thought the Vikings were as good as the Eagles, and found reasons to clutch to hope (Terrell Owens was injured, the Eagles were rusty, just a few things went wrong when the Eagles first beat the Vikings, etc. etc.) I did watch the game, but I quit watching after the fake field goal attempt. I did not make an emotional investment in the game.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Army of Mom said...

I wasn't shocked that the Vikings lost, but terribly disappointed.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home