Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Armstrong Williams Tip of the Iceberg?

Sean Hackbarth, at The American Mind, found an interview David Corn had with Armstrong Williams. Here's a part of the stuff Sean pulled:

And then Williams violated a PR rule: he got off-point. "This happens all the time," he told me. "There are others." Really? I said. Other conservative commentators accept money from the Bush administration? I asked Williams for names. "I'm not going to defend myself that way," he said.

David Corn, who writes for The Nation, is waaay lefty for my taste. But that doesn't matter here. If there are more pundits secretly on the take, we need names. Otherwise the already discredited Armstrong Williams had better explain what his remark meant.

And what about the administration? There needs to be immediate disclosure here, as well as some heads rolling. This was monumentally damaging to conservatives, and they don't get to flash a Republican Party card and get a pass on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home