Sunday, January 09, 2005

Another Mark Steyn Classic

Instapundit linked it, so most of you have already noticed, but in case not don't miss the latest from Mark Steyn. He's covering the tsunami relief effot, and I especially loved the way he framed this part:

As for the most striking photograph of this disaster, it's by AFP's Jimin Lai. I haven't seen it in any of the papers, oddly enough. It shows a tsunami-devastated village in Galle on the southwestern coast of Sri Lanka: a couple of rescuers are carrying away a body while, behind them, smack dab in the centre of the picture, a young man looks on. He's wearing an Osama bin Laden T-shirt.

I gave up worrying "Why do they hate us?" on the evening of September 11, 2001. But, if I were that Osodden bin Loser guy watching the infidels truck in water, food, medical supplies and emergency clothing for villagers whose jihad-chic T-shirt collection was washed out to sea, I might ask myself a more pertinent question: "Why do they like us?"

Since I borrowed the link from Instapundit, I might as well borrow an "Indeed" as well as a "read the whole thing.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home