Friday, December 31, 2004

A New Year's Toast

I was considering live-blogging New Years Eve. But then I thought about it a bit more. Wouldn’t it be something like this:

10:00pm It just became 10 o’clock. Tension is building.

10:15 pm Tension continues to build. The clock is no longer at the hour point.

10:25 pm. Just refilled the drink. Need it to cut this mounting tension.

10:45 pm 15 minutes until the next hour is reached! Such tension!

Etc….etc. …

So anyway, no live-blogging. You’re welcome.

New Years Eve here involves snacking on expensive food all evening, drinking from a well-stocked liquor cabinet, and listening to the Rat Pack (currently Sammy accompanied by The Count Basie Orchestra). The kids are allowed to slowly wind down. They’ll not be staying up ‘til midnight, but a bit past their normal bedtime is allowed.

The last year brought a lot. Not the least of which was this blog. The blog has been a fun and fascinating venture. Quite a bit more rewarding than I presumed heading into it. I’m amused reading many of the lofty analyses of the blogosphere at year end. Well over 90% of commentators truly don’t understand why folks like me do this. Gives me a trendy alternative-culture kind of vibe when I read someone talking about my motives and goals and being totally clueless.

I’ll be lifting a glass to toast the old year and hope for the new later this evening. But for now, I’d just like to give a virtual toast to those of you, who have read, commented, linked, or in any other way assisted this weird new endeavor.

1 Comments:

Blogger east said...

Happy New Year 2005!!!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home