Saturday, December 18, 2004

Minnesota Blogger Gathering Announced

I don’t know why I have to be the one to break this news to the blogosphere. I looked for an original link closer to the source. But certain bloggers seem to think announcing something on a freakin’ radio show absolves them of the need to post it to their blogs as well. Kvetching officially over. On to the news.

The second official Minnesota Organization of Bloggers gathering (i.e. MOBsters) will be hosted at Keegan’s Irish Pub on January 22nd, from 5pm - 9pm. Mark your calendars.

Rumor has it Wisconsin bloggers will not be turned away either, but you might want to call Keegan’s ahead of time to make sure.

We're getting a sitter so the wife can finally meet some of the strange people I spend so much of my free time reading, responding to, and/or drinking with. I’m looking forward to meeting bloggers beyond the Thursday night trivia crowd (And no, that’s not a slight to the Thursday night folks. I expect them to attend as well. Points will be deducted for any unexcused absence.).

I missed the last one, so I’m really looking forward to this. Hope to see lots of you there. Thanks to the NARN folks (lazy to post though they may be) and Terry Keegan for setting this up.

UPDATE:

Just to clarify, the Minnesota Organization of Bloggers is not some official group. It includes anyone who lives in Minnesota and has a blog. Or reads blogs. Or enjoys hanging out with bloggers at a really fun pub.

6 Comments:

Blogger pinkmonkeybird said...

"Just to clarify, the Minnesota Organization of Bloggers is not some official group. It includes anyone who lives in Minnesota and has a blog. Or reads blogs. Or enjoys hanging out with bloggers at a really fun pub."

What?! Then why did Mitch collect a $25 joiners fee from me? I got a laminated card from him written in his own hand that says I'm an official member.
Oh this is some revelation!

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You! I don't get to listen to NARN often. Looking forward to meeting you!

Cathy
Cathy in the Wright

8:54 PM  
Blogger First Ringer said...

I can't believe I paid $10,000 for the Minnesota Organization of Bloggers. What the heck was that lab fee for?

Seriously, I'll mark my calender. Will the more famous bloggers be signing autographs?

8:58 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Pinkmonkeybird, Mitch will be there, so you'll have to inquire in person. When you do, please ask him about those "NARN show call-in passes" he charged me five bucks apiece for.

Cathy, You'll be there? Cool! Hope to find you in my non-blotto phase of the evening.

First Ringer, yes I will darnit, but your inquiry makes me blush. I'm not really THAT famous.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Kurt (aka Noodles) said...

Mrs. Noodles will be pleased that she won't be the only "better half" along that evening. Looking forward to it! Thanks for the tip Doug, I didn't get to hear the broadcast today.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Gary Matthew Miller said...

OMG! First Ringer is coming! This will be the equivalent of Bruce Wayne coming to a superheroes party -- as himself! He's going to reveal his secret identity!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home