Saturday, December 11, 2004

Back To My Usual Rambling

*Whew!*

Guest blogging can be rough. Gary's site is so much more issue oriented and sober (in tone anyway) than mine. But I managed to get in a post about Senator Dayton, and another about Rep. Kennedy today. So I feel I've done my job - analogous to keeping the lights on and watering the plants - while Gary is away.

Now I can get back to my usual rambling style. Aren't those of you reading this lucky?

No real desire to review Shrek 2, which I finally saw last night. Not as good as the first, but decent entertainment. Time to end the Shrek franchise though. I was finding the old gags a bit strained by the end. And I have no idea why people made such a fuss over the Antonio Banderas voiced "Puss in Boots" character. A couple of cute bits, but hardly a big deal. Eddie Murphy's "Donkey" remained the funniest of the lot.

I've taken a break on the site redesign for a bit. The absolutely dead workload at the new client site very typically spiked to "quite a lot of work, really" all at once. So spending freetime doing tech stuff suddenly sounds less appealing. I'll get back to it shortly. Especially if Jason from rphaedrus (whom I unexpectedly bumped into at Keegan's last Thursday) finds the time for a "beer and coding" session, at the Mill City Bar & Cafe, as he suggested. Supposedly they have a full bar and wi-fi. The world would be a better place if those two things were paired more often. And Dr. Jonz, I haven't forgotten about your offer either. The more input the merrier, but no big rush.

Incidentally, Keegan's Thursdays have become something of a regular Minnesota blogger event. It's not just the Fraters anymore. Last week I got to meet Craig Westover and Nihilist in Golf Pants. I also had a fun time socializing again with Jo and her shadowy non-blogging companion (note to Jo: he needs a nickname better than "MSM"); as well as Chumley Wonderbar from Plastic Hallway, and the Fraters Saint Paul and Atomizer. If you're a blogger and find yourself with a free Thursday evening, I highly recommend stopping in just to see who else shows up.

Enough for now. Dinner won't make itself (nor will the wine open itself).


3 Comments:

Blogger TFB said...

Actually the nickname is MSO as in My significant other.
The time has passed though that should I discuss him in future posts I will mention his true name Mark as we are out of the witness protection program now.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Army of Mom said...

ACK! You didn't think Shrek 2 was good? I laughed my ass off and I love Puss in Boots. Now, I agree that Donkey is my favorite character of them all, but Shrek 2 is one of my all-time favorite movies! Seriously. I think I could even stomach a third Shrek.

Fear me, if you dare!

Plus, I just love Antonio Banderas. That probably helps for me. As you can recall, he was on my To Do list. :)

10:17 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Jo,

Whoops! MSO not MSM. Don't want to give people the impression you're dating Dan Rather or Tom Brokaw or anything. Mark is a much better class of fellow.

AOM,

It wasn't a bad movie. Just felt a little tired to me. Maybe I would have liked it more if I was in a better mood. My surprise about Puss in Boots was how small a part he had. Overall it was just an okay movie to me. Incidentally "The Incredibles" totally rocked. Have you seen that yet?

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home