Saturday, November 20, 2004

Saturday Evening Relaxing

Portait of the beginning of a nice relaxing evening: A lovely dinner with lively and entertaining post-dinner conversation with the beloved wife is interrupted only briefly when the middle child is discovered to have fallen asleep in the other room. After picking her up and tucking her in properly to her bed, we retire to the four-season porch for amusing games with the four year old, and more engaging adult-level conversation.

Portait of the beginning of a not-nearly-so-relaxing evening: A lovely dinner with lively and entertaining post-dinner conversation with the beloved wife is interrupted only briefly when the middle child is discovered to have fallen asleep in the other room. After picking her up and tucking her in properly to her bed, we retire to the four-season porch for amusing games with the four year old, and more engaging adult-level conversation. Shortly afterward, previously slumbering two year old cries out in bed, and inquisitive parent discovers she has vomited all over her favorite blanket, clothing, pillowcase, and bedding.

She’s awake now. Watching Barney in a state of sleepy sickness. Ugh.

Of course, mommy and daddy’s plan of a peaceful evening are shattered. We’re now scrambling to do laundry, keep the other kids satisfied, and hopefully eventually get to bed ourselves.

Blegh.

I had some great ideas for blogging tonight. They have been officially pre-empted.

Happy Saturday everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger ricardo said...

Kids are wonderful though aren't they?

I went to see a movie in a theater for the first time in many months Friday. My wife, son (6), daughter (15mo), and I went to see the Incredibles. My daughter was okay for about 15 minutes. For the next hour my wife and I took turns walking with her in the hallway, but then it became unbearable for my wife so I waited with my daughter in the car.

My son loved the movie and even blogged about it here.

Really though, missing the movie wasn't that terrible. I enjoyed nurturing the teething little one.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Army of Mom said...

Ahh, the joys of parenthood. That crap happens more often than not, it seems. Much luck that the little one is recuperating.

And, regarding movies, I tried it with Shrek 2 earlier this year when my baby was about 20 months old. It sucked because she wouldn't sit still and I had to keep track of her and make sure she wasn't getting hurt. So, no more movies for her for another year or so. Then, we'll try again. I saw the Polar Express and it was really good. Haven't gotten to see the Incredibles yet.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home