Friday, November 12, 2004

Radio Stalking

Heh. That was fun.

I called into Hugh's show a moment ago, while the NARN guys were subbing. I wasn't going to, being busy with the kids and not having had the opportinity to listen to a lot of the show. But then I heard Chumley call in from a Taco Bell. If Chumley can toss off a call-in while ordering fast food, I figured I could manage it after dinner was already past at home.

Their topic was a whimsical celebrity trial theme. When I heard James Lileks' indictment of Hugh Hewitt, I knew I had to call. James essentially indicted Hugh for annoying him. However, my clearest memory of James being annoyed comes from him blogging about his annoyance when a fall-themed paper towel pattern failed to properly match his other kitchen decorations. The prosecution being obviously impaired in judgement, I called in a "not guilty" verdict.

Made it on the air too. Those folks have no standards.

But I did enjoy tweaking Mr. Lileks, whom I esteem more than pretty much any other writer on the planet. And, being himself, he rolled with my dissent and made more humor out of it. High comedy it was not. But I enjoyed it. I hope I didn't come across as a total git.

Good times. If the dice come out right, I'll see them all down at Keegan's tomorrow as well.



4 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous coward said...

I like to call into radio shows, it's pretty fun. Nothing that would get them a FCC fine, but I like to show up the hosts whenever possible.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Kurt (aka Noodles) said...

I heard the show last night as well as your call. Its amazing how quickly Lileks comes up with his responses. I especially liked his off the cuff remark about being late because of bumping into all of those Corti-Slim show-offs!

11:39 AM  
Blogger R-Five said...

I heard you, too!

Now, do you have the courage to call Bob Davis, who calls most everyone an idiot?

11:02 PM  
Blogger pinkmonkeybird said...

A day when Bogus Gold calls the NARN is a good day.
Hopefully some day they will call in sick and we can do the show ourselves.
Ah...right.

Hugh Hewitt and the NARN created this salivating fiend called the MOB. They may wonder why they bothered to spawn us, but they must continue to deal with our incessant phone calls and Commentary.
*evil laugh*

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home