Monday, November 22, 2004

Congé Maladie

Let’s recap my weekend. It started unexpectedly a day early, when a two hour car appointment turned into all day, making a journey into the office impossible. A rather expensive way to earn a day off. But c’est la vie.

Then, Saturday, I finally got around to raking and bagging the leaves in my front yard. Unfortunately it was a rather cold and windy day, making extended exposure to the elements perhaps a bit less than healthy. And so perhaps I should have not been entirely surprised to wake up Sunday morning with a nasty case of stomach flu (as you may recall, my daughter had come down with it Saturday evening).

Yesterday was spent largely reclining in various places around the house. I couldn’t bring myself to sit up straight for any lengthy period of time without being overcome by nausea. And the fever and muscle ache made moving around less than pleasant anyway, so I played bump-on-a-log.

Not quite over the flu yet today, but I am a bit better than yesterday. I can remain seated upright without throwing up for example.

This is all a roundabout way of saying, sorry for the scanty blogging this past weekend. There were a number of things I wanted to get to – and other blog posts I wanted to respond to. But it just didn’t happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home