Friday, November 19, 2004

Bush Twins Insulted and Turned Away From NYC Restaurant?

Heck, I don't know if this is true. If not mea culpa. I'm as stupid as the guys who believed the early exit polls on November second (you know who you are).

But I stumbled across this report from Gawker.com via Free Republic:

...Freemans tuesday night the 16th of nov. the bush twins along with 2 massive secret service men tried to have dinner they were told by the maitre 'd that they were full and would be for the next 4 years upon hearing the entire restaurant cheered and did a round of shots it was amazing!!! [Ed: We're hearing that this is actually true.]...
First of all, take this with a grain of salt. Lots of Freepers have convinced themselves this is true and some have even done some independent investigation to verify (scroll down the linked thread to see). But I'm personally still skeptical.

Two points I would like to make though.

First, Liberal New Yorkers turning the daughters of a political opponent into the modern equivalent of Rosa Parks are a fine sight. This is the sort of thing my baby-boomer dad can't understand when I try to explain why I don't find his generation's liberal ethic credible. Because they LOVE to discriminate against those they themselves are biased against. Even the children of those they politically disdain are fair game. And through this lens, I judge the moral principles they try to convince me they hold, and find them lacking. To convince me you know what tolerance is about I have to see you practice it on occasion. And of course everyone in that restaurant was my dad's age. Or perhaps I'm projecting a bit too much here. Let me try again.

How about it's pretty telling when the opposition party to the guy "just as bad as Hitler" feels free to insult and mock his daughters with impunity. Are we to believe all of these people are bravely making a statement of conscience knowing that they will be among the first to the concentration camps?! Or is it perhaps more likely that this "Hitler" they decry is nothing of the kind, and that they're simply ill-mannered slack-jawed yokels, for whom Bush is Hitler when the Times tells them he is, and who is an ineffectual, powerless bufoon when the editorial line changes?

Second, as a peace offering, Alexandra Kerry is invited over for dinner at our house any evening of her choosing. She'll be welcomed, and treated as an honored guest. The only condition is that she wears that dress she wore to Cannes.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jeffery said...

Why is it Democrats think they have to sell sex to win an election?

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home