Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Hoax Busted: Teacher Allegedly Fired for Putting Up Bush's Photo Was Lying

For those of you who blogged about the story of a teacher recently fired for putting up a picture of President Bush in her classroom, I encourage you to check out this post by Joe Gandelman today at The Moderate Voice. The fired teacher doesn't appear to have been honest about the situation.

I agree with Joe's take on this. I don't care that she supported my candidate, her behavior should be condemned. And anyone taken in by her media manipulation should be more than a bit peeved at her.

2 Comments:

Blogger Army of Mom said...

Crap like this is so embarrassing. Did she NOT think that the truth was going to get out? I mean, how stupid does she have to be to think that the school district ISN'T going to defend itself?

It is just embarrassing when people "on my side" of the issue act assinine. I don't want teachers telling my kids their political opinions EVEN if they agree with mine. It isn't her/his place to do so.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Laur said...

The principal and teachers had no right to say this. It was on a POLITICAL bulletin board. And, it was just showing the current president. Please. I dont think she was favoring one or the other. Its like putting a picture of Bill Clinton or George Washington up when they were presidents! Let's get reasonable.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home