Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Blogger Problems

If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears, does it make a sound? Who cares?

But if a blogger blogs without publishing, he definitely makes a sound. It's sort of a cross between a frustrated Marge Simpson grumble, and a hungry bear growling when his dinner runs away.

Since around 9pm last night I've been trying to publish to the blog. But no dice. No word from Blogger support on the problem. I have no idea if this is a widespread problem affecting all blogspot blogs, or something special screwed up with mine.

In any case, you won't be reading this until the problem is resolved. I could say something like "I'll keep you posted." But if that were possible, I wouldn't have anything to keep you posted about. (Insert Marge/Bear sound here)

UPDATE:

As you can see, the problem is apparently resolved. Not sure when it happened. I noticed a post on the Blogger status page sometime past noon to the effect that they were aware of the problem. I was able to successfully publish shortly after 2pm. Happy to be back up. And no big complaint about blogger, because they're not charging me a dime for any of this stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger pinkmonkeybird said...

I finally published successfully about 2 o'clock this afternoon when I clicked on the "Republish Entire Blog" button.
But Blogger still appears to be quite ill, from where I sit.

2:40 PM  
Blogger TFB said...

I did not realize how attached I was to my little blog until my posting powers were taken away. Whew!
Glad you're back up too...you're always a pleasure to read!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home