Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Lileks and the Hummel Picture


The Patron Saint of Hummels accepting an offering from a pilgrim. Posted by Hello

This was the only moment at Keegan's I managed to get a picture of. And, fabulous photojournalist that I am, I failed to get the name of the fellow on the left. Too bad. He seemed like a pretty good guy. And incidentally, no he wasn't a terribly tall person.

The fellow on the right is of course James Lileks; inspiration to bloggers near and far (though he still insists the Bleat is not a blog), member of the Northern Alliance (of blogs - what does that tell you about what everyone else thinks of the Bleat's bloggiosity?), man of less-than-average stature, and perpetual butt of a never-ending joke by Mr. Hugh Hewitt that James collects Hummel figurines (perhaps inspired by the fact that James resembles them in overall size).

Anyhow, this is a photo taken mere seconds after the unnamed pilgrim to the left presented Mr. Lileks with this gift. I'm not sure if this was the only page or not. There appeared to be several. But that may be the beer talking. Or maybe they were multiple copies of the same thing. The two in the picture above seem to be identical. A little closer detail is available at Pinkmonkeybird.

Anyway, as this post gives evidence, I now have a fully functional battery recharger for my digital camera. Photoblogging will commence!! ... at least, as soon as I remember to take my camera with me in case I see something bloggable. I'm not usually good at that.

1 Comments:

Blogger pinkmonkeybird said...

Nice pic, Doug.
LOL. Somehow I never caught this pic until just now. Lileks looks to be thoroughly and sincerely honored. I'm sure this plaque is proudly displayed on his livingroom mantle immediately behind his Hummels.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home